The center is a joint project of the University of Tübingen and the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). It was founded as part of a national network of four competence centers for machine learning and plays a key role in Germany’s national AI strategy (https://tue.ai). It is also an integral part of the Cyber Valley (https://cyber-valley.de) and closely related to the European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems (https://ellis.eu).
We are looking for a highly motivated, reliable and flexible person with strong project
management skills who seeks to foster the Tübingen AI ecosystem.
Tasks and responsibilities
You will support, track, coordinate, and/or manage
● the progress of the individual projects of the center (budget, personnel, publications)
● communication with the funding organization (BMBF) and its promoter (DLR)
● third party funding (proposals, planning, administration, reporting)
● preparation of evaluation reports and of the overall evaluation of the center
● preparation for steering committee meetings
● demonstrations, external visits, presentations
● scientific visits (PhD students, interns, talks, etc.)
● workshops and other internal and external events
● redesign and maintenance of the website
● coordination with related projects/initiatives such as Cyber Valley or ELLIS
● general administrative processes at the department
● The applicant should have completed an advanced degree (Master or equivalent, ideally a PhD) in natural sciences, engineering and/or related fields
● Strong project management skills
● Efficient, positive and forward looking communication with a diverse range of important partners.
● We expect very good command of both English and German (at least C1 level)
● Knowledge of standard software packages is required and efficient learning of new methods and computer programs is expected
● Experience in project and science management would be advantageous
Your application (containing a concise cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and relevant certificates)
should be sent in a single PDF file by August 25 to Monika.Lam@tue.ai with the subject title
“Application: Project Coordinator at the Tübingen AI Center.”
The University of Tübingen is an equal opportunity employer. Equally qualified applicants with
disabilities will be given preference. The position, in principle, can be shared. The employment will
be carried out by the central administration of the University of Tübingen.